Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB that asks you to muse about one of several “bookish” questions… or, you can just ramble on about anything you like that pertains to books! You can join in by clicking the graphic above. Go ahead–it’s fun!
Here’s my musing for this week–
I found this Book Blogger Quiz on Amanda’s Nose In A Book, and it looked like fun! All you need to do is answer the following series of questions. Ready? Here we go!
What are your top three book pet hates?
Hate is a pretty strong word, but I really, really don’t like. . .
- Reviews containing spoilers.
- Books that end really abruptly—as if the author had just had enough and stopped writing.
- Books that end with the discovery that everything was a dream, or with the narrator being dead the whole time.
Describe your perfect reading spot.
My big blue over-stuffed chair in my office/library. There’s room for me, my book, a snack, and both of my cats. Perfection!
Tell us three book confessions.
- I’ve only read the first book of the Harry Potter series and The Hunger Games series. I thought that both were . . . fine. (ducks head and runs)
- I sometimes read when I’m at really long stoplights. (No, I do not read while I am actively driving!)
- I think it’s OK to write in books that you own.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
When I read Eleanor & Park I was a total mess at the end—we’re talking ugly crying face here. I am so glad I wasn’t out in public!
How many books are on your bedside table?
Four books–Two that I’m reading, one library book that I keep meaning to start, and one book that I’ve already finished and haven’t yet put away.
What is your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading?
Anything chocolate that can be eaten with one hand. M & Ms are good!
Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
This is hard—recommending books is so “person-specific”! I’ll list three books I often recommend to fellow booklovers—
- Ex Libris: Confessions Of A Common Reader by Anne Fadiman
- 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
- Used and Rare: Travels In The Book World by Lawrence and Nancy Goldstone
Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.
I don’t really have a favorite shelf, but here’s a picture of my favorite bookcase in my home:
Bonus Picture! Here’s a picture of my TBR area: (Look closely–do you see anything that you’ve read, or that’s in your own TBR pile?)
Write how much books mean to you in three words.
Doorways to everywhere!
What is your biggest reading secret?
I can’t think of any reading secrets—In this part of my life, I’m an open book! 🙂
Who I’m Tagging:
I don’t tag people—but please join in if you wish, and leave the link to your answers in the comments so I can visit!