Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB that asks you to muse about one of several “bookish” questions… or, you can just ramble on about anything you like that pertains to books! You can join in by clicking the graphic above. Go ahead–it’s fun!
Here’s my musing for this week–
I’ve always been a big nonfiction fan, and I’m in a serious nonfiction reading phase right now. I’m coming off of a very relaxed, lazy, long holiday weekend where just about the most strenuous thing I did was bring a stack of library books in the house, and I did a ton of reading over the last few days. Every book I’ve picked up this weekend has been nonfiction. In fact, five out of the last six books I’ve read are nonfiction and both of the books I’m currently reading are nonfiction.
These books span a big range of topics, but I don’t think that any of them are your typical “beach bag” reads:
- a restaurant/food/cooking memoir
- a humorous book about things experienced by librarians
- a publishing/bookish memoir
- a narrative about inner-city high school students getting into/getting through college
- a collection of sports columns
- an account of a little-known event in American history
- a biography of three renowned female newscasters
I’ve got several novels sitting here in my TBR pile, but right now I just can’t get enough of nonfiction!
How about you? Does your reading go in phases? Are you a fellow nonfiction fan? Please share!