1) Do you know how to water ski? I went water skiing once when I was in college–a guy I was dating took me along on a family outing to a lake and water skiing was on the schedule. He had 7 brothers and sisters who were all great water skiiers. I was not—spent more time on my butt than up on the skis. The relationship ended about a month later, but not because of the water skiing. 🙂
2) Do you have 2014 vacation plans? I haven’t been on a real vacation in a long time, and I need to fix that. I’m making some tentative plans to go to Washington DC in September and I’m hoping that I’ll follow through and make it happen. I was there on a family vacation when I was in junior high, and I know I didn’t appreciate it enough then. I love history and there is so much that I want to see and do in that city!
3) Do you have a passport? Nope. I’ve never been out of the US.
4) If you took a 7-night cruise, could you completely unplug — no phone calls, no texts, no internet? I think so.
5) Do you own a travel alarm clock? No—I use the alarm on my iPod.
6) Though the Go-Gos broke up in 1985, they frequently reunite for live performances. What’s the last concert you attended? Oh boy—it’s been ages since I went to a concert! But I did see the Go-Go’s when I was in college. The opening act was Flock Of Seagulls–remember that hair???? Concerts that I’ve attended in the past that I’ve loved include Simon & Garfunkel, James Taylor, Harry Belafonte, Genesis. . . I know I’m dating myself here!
7) Their first hit was “Our Lips Are Sealed.” Can you be trusted with a secret? Yes. My boss shares a lot of very sensitive work-related information with me and I would never do anything to damage that trust. Same goes in my personal life.
8) In 1982, when this song was popular, the comedy Tootsie was in theaters. What movie makes you laugh? I LOVE the movie Best In Show with Christopher Guest, Jane Lynch, Fred Willard, and many others. It’s a “mockumentary” about dog shows and dog owners and there are so many scenes that crack me up every single time I see them. (I also love Tootsie!)
9) Sam is chewing on a Tums as she composes these questions. What’s the last over-the-counter medication that you took? Probably a Tylenol at work. . . it’s been headache season there for awhile now.