1) Was last night a good night for you? Or were you singing the blues? I was in bed by 9pm and asleep by 9:02pm—no singing of any kind going on around here last night!
2) In this song, Rosemary Clooney sings about hearing “big talk” she didn’t quite believe. What’s the last fib, tall tale or out and out lie you heard? I’m stumped on this one. . . let’s move on.
3) Rosemary Clooney has a well-known nephew — George, the Oscar winner and frequent People magazine cover story. Do you have any nieces or nephews? Nope—I’m an only child.
4) Ms. Clooney married the same man twice. They married, had five children and divorced. Then three years later, they tried again … and divorced again. Have you ever been tempted to give it another try with one of your former loves? Of course! I only acted on it once—we were together about 9 months the first time, then about two years on the second go-around. Then we called it quits for good.
5) Singers as diverse as Linda Ronstadt, Bette Midler and Amy Winehouse have said they admired and were influenced by Rosemary Clooney. If you could meet any artist (singer, writer, actor, director, painter, musician …), who would it be? Oh—there are SO MANY authors I would love to meet. This is hard. I just can’t choose. (But as a side note–sometimes I look at my books and imagine what would happen if all the authors on a particular shelf came over for dinner together. Yes, these are the things that this particular book geek thinks about in idle moments. . . )
6) 1952, the year this record was a hit, is also the year the “Big Bang Theory” was introduced by physicists Ralph Alpher and George Gamow. That is too lofty a topic for this humble meme, so instead we’ll just ask: Do you watch the TV show of the same name? Yes—love it! Leonard is my favorite. (“Here we go. . . “)
7) Sam Winters just broke her right thumbnail. While she won’t go so far as saying it has her singing the blues, she must admit it bugs her. What little annoyances are you dealing with today? Nothing yet—but it’s still pretty early!
8) The house next door to Sam’s has a FOR SALE on the lawn. Are you contemplating a move? I’ve been in my house nearly 15 years. I feel like I’ve outgrown it, but I don’t think trying to sell it in the current economy makes sense. I’m fine with staying put—I really like my house, with the exception of the fact that I really don’t have much storage space left.
9) What’s your search engine of choice: Google, Bing, Yahoo or Ask? I’m a Google Gal.