Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB that asks you to muse about one of several “bookish” questions . . . or, you can just ramble on about anything you like that pertains to books! You can join in by clicking the graphic above. Go ahead–it’s fun!
Here’s my musing for this week:
I saw this on Pinterest the other day and loved it! I would RSVP in a second if I was invited to such a gathering! It would be easy to host this kind of party–you’d just need the following supplies:
1. Snacks, probably simple finger foods. Nothing that would drip or splash, and foods that could preferably be eaten with one hand in order to leave the other hand free to hold the book and turn the pages.
2. Comfy chairs and cushions, but not too comfy–you don’t want your guests to fall asleep while reading!
3. Tissues, for particularly sad chapters.
4. Bookmarks, for guests to hold their places when getting up to stretch their legs or to take a bathroom break.
5. Good lighting. You don’t want your party-goers to get headaches from having to squint at the pages!
6. Extra chargers for guests who choose to read via kindle–what could be worse than having your battery run down right in the middle of an exciting plot point?
7. Decorations. No, wait– decorations won’t be needed. Everyone would be focused on their books!
OK–who’s with me? Any volunteers to host? 🙂