1. This song is about a friendship that turned romantic … and it doesn’t end happily. Have you ever crossed that line with a friend? If so, how did it work out? I’ve had the urge once or twice, but have never acted on it. My fear of damaging the friendship has always prevailed.
2. When he was a kid, this week’s singer, Alex Clare, listened to his dad’s Stevie Wonder records. When you were in 7th/8th grades, what music were you into? Oh boy—let’s take a long walk down memory lane, shall we? I know I was really into Barry Manilow back then—plus the soundtracks to Grease and Saturday Night Fever.
3. “Too Close” has been featured on the TV show, The Vampire Diaries. Do you enjoy shows/books/movies about the supernatural? Not really—I’m a skeptic at heart and it’s hard for me to get into the plot of supernatural stories.
4. Some of Alex Clare’s tour dates were sponsored by Bud Light. Do you like beer? I used to, but I don’t drink anymore so it’s a moot point.
5. Mr. Clare trained to be a chef, just in case the music thing didn’t work out. Are you a good cook? I’m a GREAT cook!
6. Crazy Sam is forever running out of mayo because she slathers it on her sandwiches. What is currently on your grocery list? Ground beef, green peppers, onions, and celery—I need to make sloppy joes for a farewell luncheon for a coworker for next week. I’m going to cook it all up tomorrow and then freeze it until Friday.
7. Where are you most likely to find spare change — between the sofa cushions, in your jeans as you toss them into the washer, or under the floor mat of your car? I don’t keep coins in my pockets, so it’s definitely the car—I regularly spill the change in my wallet into my lap when I’m at the drive-through.
8. How did you spend your Friday night — working late, hanging out with friends, or just enjoying a quiet night at home? Home by myself, reading and watching TV and in bed by 9pm-it was a really busy week at work and I was beat!
9. Do you use Pinterest? Yes–I’m a Pinterest Person!