1. What was your first job like? My first real job was working at the local Dunkin’ Donuts. This was before they had drive-throughs—and the only non-donut/pastry item we had back then was soup. I worked the take-out counter and the eat-in counter—and on Sundays I worked “in the back” frosting and filling donuts. I learned a lot on that job—I think everyone should work retail and/or food service at some point in their life! I worked there my last two years of high school, and then the owner always saved a spot for me when I was on breaks from college. I finally quit when I started my student teaching.
2. It’s a typical Sunday, how are you spending it? Saturdays are usually my day for errands, chores, and seeing friends. My Sundays are much more laid back and I often don’t leave the house–especially in winter when the weather is bad. A typical Sunday (much like today!) would be: Wake up between 6-7am and stay in bed reading for at least an hour. Get up when the cats demand their breakfast. Putter around. Talk with my mom on the phone around 10:30 am. Do all my laundry throughout the day. Probably take a nap with the cats at some point. Maybe bake something to take to work on Monday. More puttering. More reading and probably some TV watching. Make something for dinner that will also provide leftovers for a couple of nights. Maybe work on some blog postings for next week. Wash my hair and maybe do my nails. In bed between 9-10pm.
3. What was the happiest day of your life? I don’t know how to answer that!
4. What was the best decision you ever made? To break a contract and leave a job that was physically, mentally, and emotionally unhealthy for me. I made that decision nearly 20 years ago–and took a huge paycut to do it–and I have never, ever regretted it. Not for one second.
5. Tell your go-to “pretend” game as a child (who was your alter-ego?) I don’t understand the “alter ego” part of the question—but I used to LOVE to play school with all my stuffed animals.
6. What email service do you use? I’m an old-school AOL girl.
7. What fandoms would you consider yourself a part of? I don’t think I’m of the fandom generation . . .
8. Do you use anything on your lips? (eg. Chapstick, gloss, balm, lipstick) I wear lipstick or gloss when I dress up. Otherwise, nothing—except I do love Burt’s Bees lip balm in the winter!
9. How many devices do you own which can access the internet? 3—my laptop, my Kindle, and my iPod Touch.
10. Last strong smell you can remember smelling? At work on Friday someone brought leftover Mongolian beef for lunch and it smelled awesome!
11. If you had to move your birthday to another date, which one would you choose and why? I wouldn’t.
12. Inspiration behind your blog title? I’ve always been a typical “bookworm” but the term has always sounded kind of icky to me. Besides, bookMAMMAL is much more accurate! So—Musings From A Bookmammal seemed just right!
13. If you could spend a rainy day with anyone in the world, who would you choose and why? I actually love spending rainy days alone at home. I love listening to a good, hard rain if I know I don’t have to be out driving in it! And I LOVE falling asleep to the sound of rain.
14. Is there a foreign culture that you love? Unfortunately, I really don’t know enough about any foreign cultures to love any of them.
15. Do you have a favorite soft drink? I rarely drink soda anymore—never at home and only sometimes in restaurants or at other people’s homes–but when I did I favored Caffeine Free Pepsi.