1) This is the theme song of Casablanca, generally acknowledged as one the screen’s great love stories. In honor of Valentine’s Day weekend, what’s your favorite movie romance? My favorite romantic movie is Somewhere In Time with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour.
2) Even though he was only 5’8 and had a receding hairline, Humphrey Bogart was a popular leading man. What movie or TV actor or actress makes your heart skip a beat? Jimmy Smits. I’ve loved him and lusted after him from afar ever since his L.A. Law and NYPD Blue days. He is a mighty fine looking man!
3) Sweethearts are those little heart-shaped candies that are printed with messages like, “Be Mine” and “Kiss Me.” Do you like how they taste? Not really—they taste like chalk to me.
4) Valentine’s Day is a big day for florists. When is the last time a floral arrangement adorned your table or desk? Hmm. . . I’m not sure. It’s been awhile!
5) Do you think an e-card means as much as a conventional card in an envelope? No—with a “real” card, you have to go to some effort to purchase it at a store, address it, find a stamp, and mail it. E-cards can literally be sent in seconds–plus, you can send the exact same card and message to multiple people at the same time! No thanks . . .
6) Despite what you see on Valentines, the human heart isn’t bright red. It’s really a brownish shade of red, like a brick. Now it’s your turn. Share some trivia that’s been rattling around in your head. (It does have to be about Valentines or the human heart. It can be any random fact at all.) Gene Hackman was the first choice to play Mike on the Brady Bunch. That’s pretty random.
7) When is the last time you thought your heart would break? I had to euthanize one of my cats about six years ago. I knew it was time, but it felt as though my heart was collapsing. I dearly love the two cats that now share my home, but I still miss Max and I think about him often.
8) What is the most recent thing to lift your heart? As long as we’re talking about cats . . . I read this article the other day about kids reading aloud to shelter cats. It calms the cats, it helps the kids gain confidence in their reading skills . . . what’s not to like about that? (If you click on the link, be sure to scroll down for many heart-warming photos!)
9) Who is the most “hard hearted” person you know? The woman who runs the center where I work is often considered to be very hard hearted—but I guess she has to be. Many business decisions need to be made without bringing feelings into the equation. I’m glad that I don’t have her job or responsibilities.