(Before we begin, I’d just like to say that I LOVE this week’s song! OK–now back to our regularly scheduled programming . . .)
1) What would make tonight a good, good night? It’s snowing right now (again!) and it’s supposed to continue all day and into the evening, so I’m looking forward to a good, good night of staying home and off the roads. I don’t have anything special planned–I’ll probably watch something on TV and read.
2) In the song, he sings that he’s got money and wants to “spend it up.” How much cash is in your wallet right now? Wait a minute while I go check—I’ve got $73 and some change.
3) The lyrics include “mazel tov,” which means good luck or congratulations. What other Hebrew/Yiddish phrases do you know? I’ve been known to say OY VEY on occasion.
4) The colorfully named Black Eyed Peas include Fergie (born Stacey Ferguson) and will.i.am (William Adams) and Taboo (Jaime Gomez). If you could choose a stage name, what would it be? I have absolutely no idea on this one—moving on . . .
5) This song was crazy popular in Canada, debuting at #2 on the charts. Have you ever visited our neighbor to the north? No–I’ve never been to a foreign land.
6) When’s the last time you laughed really hard? I’m very lucky to work with several people who share my admittedly odd sense of humor—I usually have a good laugh with them several times a day. I’ve had jobs in the past where that wasn’t the case, so I don’t take it for granted!
7) Who received the last text you sent? I’m old school–I don’t text.
8) Which sounds like more fun — skiing or skating? I’ll pick skating. I used to LOVE to ice skate–in fact, my parents used to put an ice rink in our backyard every winter. The neighborhood kids and I spent hours out there. That being said, I do enjoy watching the ski-jumping events during the Olympics. Actually, I enjoy watching just about ALL of the events during the Olympics–I can’t wait until the Winter Games begin next weekend!
9) Thinking of sports, are you looking forward to The Super Bowl? I’ll probably watch at least part of it, but I’m not counting down the hours or anything. I’m not in a Super Bowl pool this year, so that also takes some of the fun out of it. I do like to watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet off and on during Super Bowl day–there is nothing that cures the winter blues like watching a bunch of puppies frolicking around!