1) Dancing all night to the best song ever would be good for the cardiovascular system. When is the last time you exercised? I’ve been slacking—it’s been awhile. I need to get back on my bike!
2) The girl in this song is the daughter of a dentist. “Dentophobia” is fear of dentists. How do you feel about going to the dentist? Not a big fan . . .
3) One Direction performed this on Good Morning, America. Do you watch morning TV? If so, which show? I don’t watch TV in the morning—while I’m getting ready for work I listen to the local news/talk radio station to get caught up on the news for the day. I don’t allow myself enough time in the morning to sit down and watch TV.
4) Listening to upbeat pop songs like this one makes Sam feel young. When is the last time you participated in an activity commonly connected to childen (like swinging on a swing, drinking chocolate milk, playing a board game, etc.)? I honestly can’t remember—and that’s not good! Everybody needs to act like a kid once in awhile!
5) One of the boys, Louis Tomlinson, was an actor before joining the band. How many different professions have you tried? What were they? I’ve had four jobs for three employers and they all have a common link. They are: Teacher (high school special education—9 years), Retail (books—7 years), Sales Rep (books and educational materials—6 years), Marketing Manager (books and educational materials—6 years and counting!).
6) The fans that have made One Direction millionaires are also the target audience for series like The Hunger Games, Harry Potter and Wimpy Kid. Do you read Young Adult literature? I read Eleanor & Park a few months ago and it was one of the best books I read last year. It got me back into reading YA again—there’s some GREAT stuff out there!
7) If this is the “best song ever,” what song do you consider the worst? Tell us which song just sets your teeth on edge. I can’t stand those Christmas songs where it’s cats and dogs meowing and barking in place of people singing. I just can’t deal with those.
8) One Direction performed at the Royal Variety Show for Queen Elizabeth. If you found yourself presented to Her Majesty, what would you say? No idea—I’m sure I’d follow the prescribed protocol, whatever it is.
9) Right now, is your life moving in the right direction or are you feeling a bit aimless? I feel a bit adrift professionally due to a lot of ongoing changes at work—I’m confident I’ll keep my job, but I’m still not sure what my job will include once everything gets done shaking out. Personally, I feel like things are continuing to head in the right direction. I generally feel like I’m in a good place right now!