1) In this song, our hero offers to take his girl down to the river to catch a catfish dinner. What is your favorite seafood? I love crabmeat, shrimp is a close second—and I’ve never tasted lobster, but I bet I’d like it!
2) Luke Bryan went to Georgia State University, home of the Panthers. What was your school mascot? For high school, I was a Huskie. (“We are the Huskies! The mighty, mighty Huskies! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!”) In college, I was a Redbird.
3) Have you ever tried acupuncture? No—but I wouldn’t be against trying it if I thought it would help with a condition.
4) Just last night, Crazy Sam threw away a jar of Miracle Whip because it expired in September 2013. Is your refrigerator neat and organized? Or is it a disaster area, like Sam’s? My fridge is pretty organized—I don’t have any containers of mystery substances lurking around. My freezer, on the other hand, is so crammed full that I’m not even sure what’s in there anymore. Maybe I’ll do some freezer cleaning this afternoon!
5) Which is more important to you — saving time or saving money? Wow—this is a toss up depending on my mood. I’m usually really budget conscious and I’ll go without certain things if I just don’t feel like spending the money. On the other hand, if I can throw some money at a problem rather than dealing with it myself, I can be OK with that too. It really depends on my frame of mind at any given time. I feel very fortunate that I have the freedom to make choices like these.
6) Sam’s next door neighbor is named Jim. He’s retired, smokes a pipe and drives a red Corolla. Tell us about one of your neighbors. The house on one side of mine is vacant right now. On the other side—they keep to themselves pretty much and I’m not really sure what’s going on over there these days. I know there is a husband/wife and two early grade-school aged kids. The kids will sometimes make these great chalk drawings on my driveway. Periodically the parents of the husband stay for extended periods—and they’ve recently acquired two dogs. Their house is roughly the same size as mine—I have no idea where all of these people and animals are fitting.
7) What’s the most recent magazine you flipped through? Smithsonian—I love that magazine! There are always so many articles of interest, and they’re always timeless. I can pick up an issue from five years ago and it won’t seem outdated. I just read an article in a recent Smithsonian about how bomb-sniffing dogs are trained–fascinating!
8) Could your vehicle use a trip to the car wash right now? Surprisingly, my car looks OK because it rained all day yesterday. I do need to get it washed soon though to get rid of all the salt that I’m sure is caked on underneath.
9) Did you hit the snooze button this morning? Nope—On Saturdays I usually don’t set the alarm, but I’m awake and (usually!) up by 7am anyway.