1) How cold is it where you are? We’re having a heat wave! It’s 32 degrees right now and should get up into the mid 40s by afternoon! Then on Monday we’ll be down into single digits again for several days. I never know what coat to wear lately!
2) This familiar song was introduced in a 1949 film called Neptune’s Daughter. Name another movie song. “Everybody cut loose . . . FOOTLOOSE!!!!!” I love that movie . . .
3) Who was the last person to call you “baby?” no idea. . .
4) This time of year is important to college football fans. Have you watched/will you watch any bowl games? I used to like to watch the bowl games–back when there were pretty much just the Big 4—Cotton, Orange, Sugar, Rose. Now it seems like there are dozens. I just can’t get excited about watching the Tostito Bowl.
5) Are you sad to see the holiday decorations begin to slowly disappear? Or do you think they should all come down right away? I like to get everything down right after New Year’s. I worked yesterday and now will be off until January 2—I cleared my area of all holiday décor so it’ll be gone when I get back next week. I don’t do much seasonal decorating around the house anymore, so I don’t have too much to put away here.
6) Did you tell the truth about your weight on your driver’s license, or did you shave off a pound or two? OMG—I haven’t updated my weight in ages! They’ve never asked me if I wanted to change it. I haven’t weighed that little for probably close to twenty years!
7) Crazy Sam swears that the Echinacea she takes every morning keeps her healthy. Her boyfriend tells her she’s wasting her money. Do you take any herbal supplements? I sometimes use an herbal sleep aid, but that’s it.
8) The average restaurant in the US tip is 18%. Are you a generous tipper? I worked in food service when I was in high school and college, so I remember how much I appreciated a good tip. If the service is good, I’m generous. If the service is great, I’m extremely generous!
9) This is the last Saturday 9 of 2013. Do you know the lyrics to “Auld Lang Syne?” I know the beginning and the end—for the middle, I just have to hum along. This is also one of the songs that ALWAYS makes me tear up—no matter when I hear it!