1. When Sam Winters was a little girl, she loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. If you could ask Santa for anything at all, right now, what would it be? It may sound sappy, but all I really want is continued good health for myself and my loved ones, and continued financial independence for myself. Truly, everything else is a bonus at this point in my life.
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there? I’ve had my moments in both categories this year . . .
3. Are you traveling this Christmas? If so, are you going by car, plane or train? I’ll be traveling about ten miles by car to my parent’s house.
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? I buy myself gifts throughout the year! If you’re not going to spoil yourself a bit, who else will?!?!
5. What’s your favorite holiday-themed movie or TV special? Have you seen it yet this year? Love, Actually is my favorite holiday film—I just watched it AGAIN about a week ago. When I was a kid, I used to love watching the King Family Christmas specials–does anyone else remember those???
6. Which do you prefer: candy canes or gingerbread? Do my mom’s ginger crème cookies count? I’ll pick those!
7. Close your eyes and tell us the first carol that comes to mind. John Lennon’s “So This Is Christmas”—it’s the last holiday song I heard on my car radio yesterday.
8. What’s your favorite winter beverage? Hot cocoa–made with milk–with a dash of peppermint
9. What will you remember most about 2013? Well, I happily turned 50 this year. I also adopted the quote “When was the last thing time you did something for the first time?” this past year—and consequently I did a lot of memorable things for the first time! I’m resolving to continue on in 2014.