01. What is something that you have lost recently?: Right now I can’t find the USB cable to my kindle.
02. Do you own any self-help books?: This is just about the only type of book that I DON’T own!
03. Do you live near the sea or ocean?: No–but I used to live very close to the mighty Mississippi river!
04. Have you ever spent ages making/writing something on your computer when it suddenly crashed and you lost it all?: Sure—hasn’t everyone gone through that? I now obsessively back up everything.
05. Do you enjoy food shopping?: If I’m shopping for ingredients to make something special, then I enjoy it. I also really like going to Trader Joe’s and buying new things to try. Regular, mundane grocery shopping is just something on my to-do list that needs to get crossed off.
06. What are you having for lunch?: Leftover Mexican chicken and rice casserole from last night.
07. Are you one of those people who can sleep through anything?: I’m a pretty light sleeper, unless I’m sick—then I’m dead to the world.
08. Do you like love letters?: Of course! It’s just not the same today with emails and texts and instant communication. There is NOTHING like seeing a letter from that special someone in the mailbox.
09. Have you ever received or written one?: Yes to both!
10. How far does your nearest relative live?: My parents live about 10 miles away
11. Do you like velvet?: Not especially.
12. What kind of art do you like?: I like realistic watercolors and pen/ink drawings. I collect prints of people reading.
13. If you went to London, where would you go first?: Probably to see Big Ben or Buckingham Palace—then I’d want to browse through as many used bookstores as I could find.
14. If you had to pick one friend who is the most interesting, who would you pick?: I work with someone who has made a series of choices in her life that I find fascinating. I don’t necessarily agree with all of her choices, but I admire her for making them. Her life is very different from my mine, and I find that very interesting.
15. Can you think of the meanest thing you have ever done/said to someone?: I called someone out on their extremely unprofessional behavior at a department meeting at work once. It would have been nicer to do it when there weren’t other people around, but I was feeling very fed up with her and I really let her have it. In retrospect I suppose it was mean, but at the time I just couldn’t hold it back anymore.
16. What magazines do you read?: I subscribe to Smithsonian, Vanity Fair, Yoga Journal, and Time. I read my mom’s copies of Real Simple when she’s through with them.
17. What/who has been on your mind today?: The weather-it’s freezing outside and we’ll probably get some snow tonight.
18. Would you be interested in ghost-hunting?: Nope—but I have a friend who regularly goes on ghost hunting trips. I enjoy hearing her excitement when she talks about them, even though I’m a total skeptic about that sort of thing.