1. What do you have for breakfast on Thanksgiving? The usual—maybe a bowl of cereal—but not too much!
2. Do you go to a Thanksgiving parade or watch one on TV? My dad likes to watch the parades on TV—I can take them or leave them.
3. Do you serve appetizers, lunch, or snacks during the day? We eat the main meal mid-day—then snack on leftovers later in the evening.
4. What are the traditional favorites? Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatos with brown sugar glaze, cauliflower/broccoli/cheese casserole, cranberry sauce, rolls, some sort of pumpkin desert.
5. What new recipes will you try this year? None-we are traditionalists! It’s been the exact same meal for years. The only thing that MIGHT change is dessert–sometimes we will have something other than pie, but there’s always pumpkin involved.
6. What part of the meal do you never compromise? See above!
7. Who gets to carve the turkey? We usually just do a turkey breast—my dad carves it. There is always plenty left over for sandwiches and various other recipes throughout the next week.
8. Family style around the table or buffet style and everyone sits wherever there’s room? We sit at the dining room table that’s off the living room—we usually have a fire in the fireplace.
9. How many will be at your table this year? Thanksgiving has always been just the three of us—mom, dad, me. I am always amazed when friends tell me they will be having 10 or more people for dinner—the thought of that just exhausts me!
10. Once you’re at the table, do you say grace or a toast or does everyone go around and say what they’re thankful for? We are not a family of grace-sayers. My dad usually does a toast of some kind.
11. Cranberry sauce… yay or nay? Yes—but it has to be the kind that comes in a can and you can see the rings when you take it out of the can and put it in the serving dish. Cranberry sauce and the rolls are the only things on the table that aren’t homemade.
12. What time do you eat Thanksgiving Dinner? Usually between 1-2pm—early enough so we’ll be hungry for leftovers before it gets too late!
13. Three best pies for Thanksgiving dessert? Pumpkin, pumpkin, and pumpkin.
14. Do you have dessert right after the main meal or later on? We usually clean everything up, and then have dessert.
15. Favorite leftover? Stuffing with gravy–I usually even have it for breakfast the next morning. My mom makes the best stuffing in the world.