1. What’s something that always makes you happy? My two cats always make me happy. They’re always so content and they love to bask in my attention. They have perfected the art of relaxation.
2. In the lyrics, Sheryl Crow refers to a poncho. How do you usually protect yourself from the rain? Poncho? Umbrella? Raincoat? Hat? I have a raincoat but it always makes me feel too warm. I usually just use an umbrella. I’ve had the same one for about 20 years. It’s pink.
3. Early in her career, Sheryl made ends meet by singing commercial jingles, including one for McDonald’s. When was the last time you visited The Golden Arches? I only eat there a few times a year–but about two weeks ago I had a huge craving for a Big Mac.
4. Sheryl rode a horse into the ring of a Wyoming rodeo and then sang. Have you ever been to a rodeo? Nope.
5. Sheryl lives outside of Nashville, which is known as Music City. What type of music do you listen to most often? This is a tough one—I listen to lots of different kinds of music. Here are the first 10 songs that came up when I just put my iPod on shuffle (I promise I didn’t cheat!).
Best of Both Worlds—Van Halen
Little Village—Van Morrison
Silver Springs—Fleetwood Mac
I Want It That Way—Backstreet Boys (Don’t judge me! I can’t help it—I like the song!)
Me and Julio Down By The School Yard (live version)—Paul Simon
I’m A Believer—Smashmouth (yep—remix of the classic Monkeys tune! Must be played at full volume!)
Brown Eyed Girl—Everclear (I have the original version too)
I’m surprised that no country songs came up because I listen to a lot of that, too.
6. Crazy Sam is a massive Sheryl Crow fan, and is sure that the only reason why she and Sheryl aren’t best friends is that they haven’t met. What famous person do you think could be your BFF? I think I’d get along pretty well with Rachel Maddow. We could talk politics but we could be silly, too. Plus she has a really cool dog.
7. Sheryl and cyclist Lance Armstrong were once engaged. Had they tied the knot, she would have become stepmother to his three children. Are you a step-parent, stepsibling or stepchild? No
8. Sheryl has performed carols at the National Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony in Washington DC. Have you ever visited our nation’s capital? Yes, and I would love to go back. We went there on vacation one summer when I was in junior high—I think I would appreciate it so much more now.
9. Do you consider yourself easy going or do you have a fiery temperament? I’m a pretty emotional person and sometimes it doesn’t take much to set me off. I’m continuing to learn that I don’t have to necessarily voice everything I’m thinking when I’m mad.