1) Samantha Winters is very vain about her light blonde locks. What’s your best feature? I like my hands and my fingernails. I bit my nails horribly for years, so I love the way they look since I’ve broken that habit.
2) Carly Simon is the daughter of a wealthy family (Simon & Shuster Publishing). Do you think your life would be very different if you knew there was a large sum of inherited money in your future? Hmmm . . . My money philosophy has always been “If you don’t have it, don’t spend it”—so I’m not sure that the mere thought of money coming my way would make much difference. Once I’d actually inherited the money…that would likely cause some lifestyle changes.
3) October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Carly is a proud breast cancer survivor. Has breast cancer — or cancer of any type — touched you, your family or your circle of friends? I’ve been lucky enough than cancer has not touched my immediate family. However, many of my coworkers have survived multiple rounds of various types of cancer.
4) Carly has been known to perform with her sister, Lucy, and their oldest sister Joanna is a mezzo-soprano. Is your family musical? Definitely not! We enjoy listening to music but none of us create it ourselves in any way. (However, I am a big “Car Singer”–but only when I’m alone!)
5) Carly suffers from stage fright, a liability in her profession. When was the last time fear got the better of you? Wow—that’s a good question. I’ve become a lot braver in the past few years–I’m still afraid of things (who isn’t?) but I’m usually able to power through my fears and do or say what needs to be done or said. I really can’t think of a recent time that I didn’t do something because I was afraid.
6) Do you wear hats? Only when shoveling snow. “Hat Hair” is not a good look for me!
7) Autumn is known as “sweater weather.” Is there a chill in the air where you are today? NO—and I wish there was! It’s been rainy and in the 80s all week—hot, humid, and steamy. Bring on the autumn weather, please!
8) Do you drink bottled water? At home I drink straight from the tap. At work I drink from a water cooler. No bottles!
9) What color is your toothbrush? Hang on while I go look . . . it’s clear and hot pink.