1) In this song, Dean sings, “Ain’t That a Kick in the Head?” to express how delighted he is to discover the girl loves him. When was the last time you were pleasantly surprised? I was pleasantly surprised when I found a great parking place last night at a very busy restaurant.
2) Martin was born Dino Paul Crochetti, and his family only spoke Italian at home. Do you speak any language other than English? No
3) Before he became an entertainer, Martin fought under the name “Kid Crochett.” Do you watch boxing? What about wrestling? Do you really want to get me started on boxing? Well, OK—since you asked! I don’t consider boxing to be a sport, in that it’s an activity where the best thing you can possibly do is hit someone so hard that you knock them unconscious. I consider that a brawl—not a sport. So NO, I do not watch boxing. (Wow, that was pretty restrained for me—I can usually go on and on about boxing!)
I do consider wrestling (REAL wrestling as opposed to the whole performance-type wrestling stuff) to be a great sport because, no matter what your size, you’re evenly matched and it comes down to pure skill. I like that kind of wrestling but I don’t watch it.
Performance-type wrestling (Hulk Hogan, etc) is pure theater and not a sport. I don’t watch that either.
4) This song appeared in the original Ocean’s 11 (1960). That film was remade in 2001, with basically the same plot — a group of suave criminals knock off the casinos on the Vegas Strip. Why do you think so many movies feature crooks and con men as heroes? I think we secretly admire their nerve and confidence.
5) Crazy Sam’s college sweetheart took over his family’s wholesale liquor business, married a woman named Helene and has two sons. How does she know this? She checked his Facebook page on the sly. Have you ever used the internet to look up an ex? Yes. That’s actually how I found out that an ex from many years ago had passed away. That’s not the way you want to get that news.
6) As she writes this week’s meme, Sam is sipping from a Big Bang Theory cup that features Sheldon’s face and the word, “Bazinga!” Tell us about your favorite mug or water bottle. I have a very large acrylic cup at my desk at work that has big pink flowers painted on it. It has a cover and a pink straw attached. It looks quite spiffy!
7) Are you a good judge of character? I think I’ve gotten better at this—I’ve learned to go with my gut and I’m almost always right.
8) Do you know how to turn a somersault? I used to—I’m not sure I still can!
9) Which one do you use — roll-on, stick or spray deodorant? I use unscented Sure Stick.