1. Have you ever carefully set up dominos and then watched them fall? Or built a house out of playing cards? I’m sure that I did both when I was a kid. But I have to admit—the first thing that comes to mind when I think of building a house of cards is . . . the Brady Bunch episode when the boys and girls were in a “card-house-building contest” on one of the very early episodes. (I can’t quite believe that I just admitted that!)
2. In this week’s song, Big Pink lead vocalist Robbie Furze sings, “The hottest love has the coldest end.” Have you ever had a relationship that started out so promisingly and passionately but then quickly flamed out? Once—it started out as your typical hot young love . . . and then he dumped me. Wow—I haven’t thought about him in years!
3. This is from Big Pink’s CD, A Brief History of Love. What about your personal history of love? How many times would say you have truly been in love? Twice. (Neither time was with the guy referred to above!)
4. Nicki Minaj sampled this song for her own, “Girls Fall Like Dominos.” Nicki won’t be back on American Idol this season. Is your reaction a) delight or b) sadness or c) a yawn. I haven’t watched American Idol for the last couple of seasons, and I’m not too familiar with all the hot new singers—so I have to say I have no idea who this person is. I couldn’t pick her out of a crowd.
5. While nationally the news centers on foreign policy and the economy, Sam’s hometown is abuzz over the new Asian-fusion restaurant on Main Street and whether it can get a liquor license. What’s the big local story where you are? A schoolbus driver in a nearby suburb has been charged with drunken driving.
6. Mary Jane Kelley is believed to be the fifth and final victim of Jack the Ripper. OK, now it’s your turn. Share a random fact that’s rattling around in your brain. Talk about being put on the spot. . . I’ve been staring at this for at least 5 minutes, and I’ve got nothing. I usually feel like my brain is full of randomness! Not today, apparently. Moving on , , ,
7. Crazy Sam cursed last night when she dropped a can of tomato paste on her foot. (Hey! It really hurt!) When was the last time you swore? I don’t remember—I’m sure it was over something ridiculous at work.
8. Sam has a grocery bag filled with hoodies and t-shirts she no longer wants and plans to take them to The Salvation Army store. What do you do with your gently used clothes? Toss them or donate them or hand them down to a friend or relative? I donate clothes to several local charities about four times each year.
9. Do you blush easily? I’m a fair skinned blonde—when I was in my teens and early 20’s I blushed extremely easily and I was really self conscious about it. I still blush now, but not nearly as often—and it doesn’t bother me as much.