What a nice surprise! I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Cleopatra Loves Books. This is a way to recognize new bloggers and to encourage people to visit new/interesting blogs. Fun, right?!?!?
Here’s how it works:
-Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them. OK–I did that–see above!
-Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
Here are the questions (and my answers!) from Cleopatra Loves Books :
1. What is your favourite book of all time? That’s a hard one! I’ll go with Charlotte’s Web, as it’s one of the first “chapter books” I ever read on my own, and reading that book probably helped make me a life-long book lover.
2. Where would you like to live if money were no object? San Francisco. I’ve visited there twice and I love it there.
3. Do you have a phobia or real hatred for something that would be in your room 101? What is it? I’m afraid of fire.
4. What’s the first thing you do when you get in after a hard day? Collapse on my bed and snuggle with my cats.
5. Do you lie to your doctor about how much you drink/how much exercise you take? Nope—I’m pretty honest with my doctor.
6. What is your current favourite TV Show? I really like watching The Middle on Wednesdays. It’s a sit-com about a “typical” family living in the Midwestern U.S.
7. Do you tell shop assistants if they give you too much change? If they are paying attention and have been polite, I do. If they have been distracted and have not provided good customer service because they’ve been too busy visiting with other shop assistants, I don’t.
8. Do you laugh or own up if someone tells you a joke that you don’t get? Depends on who is telling the joke. If it’s someone I don’t know well, I’ll probably just laugh and go along. If it’s family or a good friend, I’ll say “I don’t get it!”
9. Is there a cheesy song that you secretly love? If so what is it? I still love all those cheesy songs by the group Air Supply from the 1980s. But don’t tell anyone!
10. Which historical character would you like to be for a day? I guess I’d like to be any of the First Ladies–I love history and politics, and I’d love to find out what it would be like to live in the White House!
-Nominate up to 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers. Here are my nominees:
-Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer. OK, nominees–if you’re choosing to participate, here are your questions! Cut, paste, and answer on your own blog!
- How did you choose the name of your blog?
- Describe the weather where you are right now.
- Look to your right and list five things that you see.
- List what was included in the last meal you ate.
- What article of your clothing do you like to wear the most?
- Do you collect any special objects? If so, what do you collect?
- It’s Saturday night—do you want to go out, or would you rather stay home?
- How many languages can you speak? Which ones?
- What was the first paying job that you ever had?
- What would you be doing right now if you weren’t answering these questions?
-Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them. DONE!
Thanks for playing along with me–I hope this has encouraged you to explore some new blogs! Thanks again, Cleopatra!