1) This song is about a heartbreaker who just can’t commit. Have you ever fallen for an “easy lover?”
I have–but I’m usually the one who has the commitment issues.
2) This song is one of Crazy Sam’s “earwigs.” Each time she hears it, it bores in and stays in her head forever! Do you have a song like that?
Lately I’ve had “Just Give Me A Reason” by Pink and Nate Ruess in my head—so far I’m not tired of it.
3) Both Phil Collins and Philip Bailey have stars on The Hollywood Walk of Fame. Have you ever visited Hollywood?
I went to LA on vacation once when I was a kid, but I don’t remember going to Hollywood specifically.
4) Hollywood is the movie capital of the world. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Wow—it’s been a really long time. I think it might have been The Help, which was at least a year ago, right? There just haven’t been that many movies lately that I want to see—although I probably will go see The Butler and the new movie about Steve Jobs.
5) Phil Collins was a child actor in his native England, appearing onstage in musicals like Oliver! Can you think of another child performer who went on to entertainment industry success as an adult?
I always think of Ron Howard as an example of a childhood star who grew up to be scandal-free and successful—although he is now on the other side of the camera.
6) Philip Bailey joined Earth, Wind & Fire while still in college, so he’s been a performer throughout his working life, as well. Have you ever been tempted to try your hand at show biz?
7) Is there a profession that you never, under any circumstances, want to try?
I would never want to be a 911 dispatcher.
8) What are you looking forward to right now?
After a very hectic week at work, today I’m looking forward to an easy, lazy Saturday—some reading, some playing with pets, some napping, and some homemade enchiladas for dinner tonight.
9) Do you suffer from trypanophobia (fear of needles/injections)? Or can you bravely donate blood or get a shot, without freaking out?
Getting shots are no problem at all for me. I can have blood drawn if I don’t watch and if I don’t think about what is actually happening. I get queasy and lightheaded if I think about the blood drawing process while it’s going on.